If you haven’t figured it out, the bitterest pill to swallow is the truth. The truth is often not what we want to hear so we hide behind convenient lies (just calling them what they are). The truth is, you have ultimate control over whether you age gracefully, experiencing and manifesting health and vitality, or grow old dealing with the consequences of disease and the unwanted baggage that comes with allopathy.
The true sign of health is not longevity, it is the quality of life that counts. If you are not capable of living a life of vibrancy, passion and zeal, are you really living?
The truth is, degenerative disease is at epidemic levels. Earlier detection only goes so far. If you personally don’t have a disease, you likely know someone, family or friend, that does. Diseases have become so common that they are considered normal and rarely given a second thought.
In the first part of this series; “Choices”, I offered that poor health, degenerative conditions, even disease are not a normal state of being. I even offered that health and vitality, is our actual default setting. If you have not read “Choices”, I suggest you start there.
Being healthy is how we are meant to live. Every disease, health complaint, sign or symptom is your body communicating that something is wrong, that Metabolic Chaos™ exists. This Chaos is metabolic deficiencies, weakness and imbalances existing within the tissues, glands and organs that make up the many complex systems drive overall body function.
Your health challenges are the external manifestation of this Metabolic Chaos™!
While you may not want to hear this. . . .
- Your current state of health is the best your body can do considering the circumstances it’s in
- Those circumstances are determined by the environment in which you live and the lifestyle choices made within that environment up to this moment in time
- If you don’t like your current state of health, then you have to change how you interact with people, places and things including yourself
- You will never “fix” the problem or in this case heal, by continuing with the same thoughts and actions that created them.
As mentioned in the last article, my dad had a heart attack in early February ’17. Complications developed due to his age, history and Metabolic Chaos™. I can’t image what he has been going though, but I am sure it is far beyond the distress I have been experiencing.
Throughout this event I have been doing much soul searching. This has resulted in fortifying a previous commitment, between my wife and I, too not allow ourselves to end up in a similar situation. I don’t care what genetic predispositions may exist. I don’t care what lies and disinformation I continue to hear and be told. I will not become another health statistic. I have a plan that is being executed as I write this. The proof of our success may not be known for decades, but we will succeed. Life is meant to be lived no matter what the age!
I want to shine a light of truth upon the health of America’s citizens. For many reasons, we Americans have an incredibly hard time swallowing the bitter truth pill. We are a sick nation. In spite of the scientific advances made within the health care and medical industries we continue to suffer, when we don’t have to.
Heart Disease, Stroke and other Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD)
- Cardiovascular disease accounts for nearly 801,000 or 1 of every 3 deaths in the US
- 2,200 Americans die of CVD each day, averaging 1 death every 40 seconds
- About 92.1 million American adults are living with CVD or the after-effects of stroke.
- Coronary Heart Disease is the leading cause (45.1%) of deaths attributable to CVD followed by Stroke (16.5%), Heart Failure (8.5%), High Blood Pressure (9.1%) Diseases of the Arteries (3.2%) and other CVD.
- Accounts for 1 in 7 deaths in the US, killing over 360,000 people a year.
- About 790,000 people in the US have heart attacks each year. Of those 114,000 will die.
- The estimated annual incidence of heart attack in the US is 580,000 new attacks and 210,000 recurrent attacks.
- Average age of the first heart attack is 65.3 years for males and 71.8 years for females.
- Strokes kill nearly 133,000 people a year
- Someone in the US has a stroke about once every 40 seconds.
- Strokes account for 1 of every 20 deaths in the US.
- Strokes kill someone in the US about every 4 minutes
- Each year, about 795,000 people experience a new or recurrent stroke. Approximately 610,000 of these are first attacks.
- Stroke is the leading cause of serious long-term disability in the US
What is utterly shameful is that CVD including heart attacks, stroke and heart disease along with every single risk factor is preventable and avoidable. They are all lifestyle diseases. CVD is not genetically determined. A genetic predisposition is not a guarantee of a manifestation, it is just an increased likelihood “if” all the “wrong” variables are present. Those variables are determined by the environment and how you interact with people, places and things including yourself.
Type II Diabetes:
- The seventh leading cause of death in 2013 and likely very under reported.
- Has been diagnosed in an estimated 29 million of american adults (roughly 13.0%)
- An estimated 7.6 million or 3.1% of adults have undiagnosed diabetes
- About 86 million or 36.8% of adults have pre-diabetes and may or may not realize it.
- The leading cause of kidney failure, lower limb amputations and adult-onset blindness
- More than 20% of health care spending is for people with diagnosed diabetes
- Diabetes complications include heart disease and stroke.
Auto Immune Diseases
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) estimates up to 23.5 million americans suffer from autoimmune disease and that the prevalence is rising.
- Autoimmune disease is one of the top 10 leading causes of death in women in all age groups up to 64 years of age
- Commonly used immunosuppressant treatments can lead to devastating long-term side effects. These drugs suppress immune function (throughout the body) decreasing inflammation markers but doing little or nothing to decrease the inflammatory causal factors.
- A suppressed immune system increases the likelihood of developing all kinds of infections and malignancies which can lead to death.
The American Autoimmune Related Disease Association (AARDA) says that 50 million americans suffer from autoimmune disease. The reason for the discrepancy is that the NIH only includes 24 diseases for which good epidemiology studies were available. Researchers have identified 80-100 different autoimmune diseases and expect at least 40 more to have an autoimmune basis.
Unwanted Weight and Obesity:
- More than 2/3 of adults are considered overweight or obese.
- More than 1 in 20 adults are considered to have extreme obesity
- About 1/3 of children and adolescents ages 2 to 19 are considered overweight or obese
- Obesity related conditions include heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, certain types of cancer (breast, colon, endometrial and kidney), nonalcoholics fatty liver disease and osteoarthritis
- Healthcare costs are estimated to be 22% higher for the overweight, 28% higher for obesity and 41% higher in the severely obese.
- In 2017 there will be 1.7 million new cancer cases diagnosed and 600,000 cancer deaths in the US.
- Nearly 13% of all cancers in adults ages 20+ will be rare cancers, fewer than 6 cases per 100,000 people per year
- Every day 1,650 people die from cancer
- The second most common cause of death in the US, accounting for 1 of every 4 deaths
- 87% of all cancers in the US are diagnosed in people aged 50 years or older.
- 41% of men and 38% of women will develop cancer during their lifetime
- There will be an estimated 10,270 new cancer cases among children 0-14 years of age
- Childhood cancer incidence rates have increased by 0.6% per year since 1975
Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in children ages exceeded only by accidents
According to the American Cancer Society, only a small proportion (I could not find a number/percentage) of cancers are strongly hereditary, that is, caused by an inherited genetic alteration. What that means is that just about all cases of cancer are due to the environment in which one lives and the lifestyle choices made within that environment. Or how you interact with people, places and things!
I could continue with more stats that look at mental health, learning disabilities, the use of psychotropic drugs, etc. but I believe you get the idea. While these stats paint a bleak picture of this country’s state of health, they don’t mean you or a loved one, have to become another statistic padding these numbers. You have a choice!
You have a choice as to how you interact with people, places and things including yourself! You can create an internal environment which manifests health, vitality and a passion for experiencing life or you can be just like everyone else, refusing to swallow the bitterest pill in spite of what that pill offers you.
Be an example. Learn to take care of yourself and prove through your health gains that statistics mean nothing when true knowledge and love of self is present.
Imagine what life will be like when we teach our children, from birth, a form of holistic self care which creates healthy, educated, free-thinking individuals who can not only take care of themselves, but also show empathy to truly take care of and support others.
Imagine the possibilities when you can do just about anything you put your mind to, because your mind/body is up to the task and Metabolic Chaos™ has no power over you!
I will end this article as I ended the last, with the addition one question:
- Do you want to get old or do you want to age gracefully?
- Are getting old or are you aging gracefully?
- Are you, or will you be just another statistic?
If you do not proactively learn a holistic model of self-care you will be forced into the medical model (drugs, surgery, chemo and radiation). Is that what you want?
If you are not living the life of quality that you want, you may want to consider a holistic form of self care such as my Awaken Your Health FDN® Functional Health Coaching program.
I am not sure exactly what the next article will cover, but I am sure that you will find it helpful if you open your mind to possibilities and truth. Until then, I offer much love and healing energy your way.