Answer: Your health complaints, symptoms or disease diagnosis are teachers.
Cancer is a teacher. Heart disease is a teacher. Obesity is a teacher. Diabetes is a teacher, Mental Fragility is a teacher along with fatigue, muscle/joint pain, brain fog, etc. The list goes on…
Every single disease, diagnosis, symptoms and complaint is a teacher trying to teach you a valuable lesson.
The question is, “Are you listening?” Your body is communicating with you every day, all the time. Every sign or symptom is your body trying to get your attention. You can choose to listen or choose to ignore.
“You can ignore reality,
but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”
– Ayn Rand
If you choose to ignore, the communication gets louder. The signs and symptoms get more pronounced and happen more often. Before you know it, your body will have your undivided attention with a full blown diagnosis. With a diagnosis comes the added threats to poison, cut or burn the problem out of you.
The lesson being taught is that your life is out of balance. Imbalances, over time, compromise cellular function altering metabolic efficiency creating internal dysfunction or metabolic chaos. The signs, symptoms and diagnosis are merely an outward manifestation of this chaos.
A life out of balance is just what it sounds like, deficiencies in one area and excesses in another. The following are very common imbalances and some of the easiest to change when you listen and acknowledge your body:
- Eating a diet deficient in nutrition (real whole foods) yet calorically dense (processed foods of convenience)
- Eating inflammatory foods, which can be anything (most common are wheat, gluten, soy, nuts, dairy, eggs and sugar)
- Consuming a diet inappropriate for the nutritional needs of your metabolism (Metabolic Typing™)
- Not getting adequate amounts / quality of sleep( between 7-9 hours daily for most people)
- Circadian disruption (the best sleep times are between 10 pm and 6 am)
- Exercising beyond your body’s ability to recover
- A sedentary lifestyle where you do not move enough
- Inappropriate exercise/movement that the body is mechanically unable to perform properly (Primal Patterns®) that places excess stress on muscles, joints and connective tissue
- Too much work and not enough play
- Unhealthy relationships with persons, places and things
- Lack of purpose, dream or legacy
- Not enough down time to reflect on the days events and remain present in the moment
- H.I.D.D.E.N. stressors or metabolic chaos within the Hormone (Adrenal), Immune, Digestive, Detoxification, Environmental and Neurotransmitter systems (hint, hint: functional lab work)
- Relying on the diet to supply all nutritional needs when the food supply is no longer adequate and the diet is inappropriate
- Relying on supplements to make up for poor lifestyle choices
- Self medicating to relief specific signs, symptoms and diagnosis
- Taking whatever supplement is the latest fad
“If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading”
– Lao Tzu
Your health challenges are due to metabolic chaos/dysfunction. The chaos is the result of lifestyle imbalances. The imbalances are due to daily lifestyle choices. Before running off to a bunch of specialists that don’t know you, would it not make sense to consider changing the daily choices which got you into this situation in the first place?
Does it make sense:
- To surgically remove body parts that serve a purpose and are trying to perform a task without the proper resources.
- To suppress rather than enhance function through pharmaceutical measures as if treating a test result is the same as treating a person
- To inflict trauma on the body with dangerous chemicals (chemotherapy) and radiation
“When you can subtly nudge the body in a better direction,
why hit it with a sledgehammer!”
I am not saying that you should disregard western medical intervention. Just recognize that if you are in a life or death situation, unless it is an acute trauma, you have been ignoring the teachers for far too long.
As long as you are alive, you can learn from your teachers and alter behavior and lifestyle choices to improve metabolic function and allow the body to heal.
5-10% at most of all health issues and disease are genetically based or due to acute trauma. Over 90% of health problems are the result of chronic stress caused by the environment in which you live and the choices you make within that environment.
Your health birth rite is essentially in your hands. At the end of the day, the only person that can take care of you is you! Others can help you, they can assist you but they can’t do it for you.
If you believe in self, if you educate self, if you can enact change then the possibilities are endless. You can take advantage of available healing opportunities and manifest your birth rite.
Every choice you make, every day, has an impact upon your health. Your choices either enhance and build health of alter and break down health. It is impossible to maintain any state of being as everything is changing.
“Life does not stand still, why would you expect your health to?”